WPTI is pleased to announce the launch of the 2021-22 cohort of the Workforce Systems Leadership Program (WSLP), the third cohort of WPTI’s signature leadership development program, operated in partnership with Coro New York. WSLP recruits a diverse group of emerging senior leaders and change makers from across the field, representing government, community-based organizations, secondary and post-secondary educational institutions, and the private sector.
The program centers Equitable Economic Recovery as a theme and core value, particularly in the aftermath of COVID-19 and its disproportionate impact on communities of color and low-income New Yorkers. Furthermore, the program emphasizes recruitment of leaders of color, who make up the majority of the program’s participants. This nine month program incorporates key leadership skills as well as a focus on major challenges facing New York City’s workforce system, and culminates in “Systems Change Projects,” where cohort members work in groups to address critical issues impacting workforce development here in the city.
The 29 members of the 2021-22 cohort of WSLP include:
- Daniel Agosto, Director of Workforce Programs, Phipps Neighborhoods
- Ayosike Akingbade, Career Prep Coach, Management Leadership for Tomorrow
- Maricela Brea, Director, Workforce & Inter-Government Relations, NYC Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities
- Kimsue Bryan, Workforce Development Coordinator, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
- Natalie Bryan, Assistant VP Workforce Development, Goodwill of NY/NJ
- Sara Chapman, Director of Education & Career Services, Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation (NMIC)
- Aaron Covarrubias, Program Manager, NYC Department of Small Business Services
- Josue De Paz, CEO & Co-founder, First Tech Fund, Inc.
- Jennifer Dillon, Vice President of Workforce Development, The Doe Fund
- Amy Furman, Director, Break Through Tech New York
- Stephany Garcia, Manager of Partnership and Community Engagement, JobsFirstNYC
- Micah Gertzog, Associate Director, Strategic Partnerships, Research Foundation of the City University of New York
- Bethany Goldszer, Director of Development and Partnerships, The Bronx Charter School for Children
- Danielle Hayman, Site Director, Braven
- Shawn Hegele, Director of Fundraising and Evaluation, Brooklyn Workforce Innovations
- Lowell Herschberger, Director of Career and Education Programs, Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation
- Bryan Lozano, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Per Scholas
- Brynn McCormick, Assistant Vice President, Workforce, Commonpoint Queens
- Allison Messina, Vice President, Workforce Development, Project Renewal
- Herlande Moise, Deputy Director, Grant Associates
- Katherine Peabody, Director of Partnerships, Hot Bread Kitchen
- Sabeen Pirani, Senior Director, Learning & Consulting, Workforce Professionals Training Institute
- Michael Salazar, Senior Director of Workforce Innovation, Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow
- Kimberly Scelta, Strategic Operations Manager, STRIVE
- Brandon Slaughter, Director of 9-16 Educational Partnership, HERE to HERE
- Joel Thomas, Senior Director, Economic Empowerment, Urban Resource Institute
- Jeanie Tung, Director of Business Development and Workforce Partnerships, Henry Street Settlement
- Nakita Vanstory, Manager, Job & Business Academy, Queensborough Public Library
- Lenese Vergara, Assistant Director - Job Generation, New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA)
To learn more about WSLP, as well as the members of this year’s cohort, please CLICK HERE.