Since its founding in 2004, the Workforce Professionals Training Institute (“WPTI”) has become the preeminent non-profit training and technical assistance intermediary for New York City’s workforce development community. The organization has trained thousands of workforce practitioners from over 350 programs and organizations that collectively serve over 500,000 jobseekers. As a standalone, non-political organization, WPTI provides an inclusive bridge among providers, funders and government agencies that contribute to building NYC’s workforce.
WPTI’s mission is to increase the effectiveness of people, programs, and organizations that are committed to generating pathways out of poverty through employment. This is accomplished through a three-tiered approach which strengthens capacity at all levels of the workforce development system: 1) Professional Training: Develop the skills and careers of practitioners; 2) Organizational Consulting: Maximize productivity of programs and teams; and 3) Systems Building: Create linkages, foster research and influence funding and best practice priorities
The Project Manager is a key role in the WPTI organization providing essential project and administrative management to WPTI’s Learning and Consulting Practice Areas. Reporting to the Senior Director of Learning and Consulting, the Project Manager will be the day-to-day manager responsible for ensuring that all consulting and training projects and events are well-managed administratively; contributing to the delivery of various learning and consulting activities and services; and providing superior customer service at all times to WPTI’s community of providers, program participants, and funders. This position will assure that efficient systems are in place for managing, tracking and evaluating project deliverables, operating costs, P/L performance, quality outcomes, and results.
Key | Essential Responsibilities
- Manage and administer a portfolio of grant funded learning and consulting projects and contribute to the delivery of various learning and consulting activities/services which support the Practice Areas and fulfill scope of work requirements and funded engagements in these areas
- Work with WPTI Digital Transformation team, and design and technology consultants to translate existing WPTI course content into e-learning modules for WPTI’s Learning Management System
- Maintain and update the project management system and keep track of all project activities, performance milestones and deliverables, funding, expenses, consulting hours, results, and other administrative processes
- Prepare project management reports, and work scopes for review and follow-up by the Senior Director of Learning and Consulting, Director of Operations, and Executive Director
- Facilitate the engagement and ongoing coordination of contracts, scheduling, assignments and deliverables with project consultants and contractors utilized in each of the Practice areas of WPTI
- Collaborate with Assistant Director of the Workforce Field Building Hub to coordinate social media posts, press releases, promotion of events, and the production of other written collaterals and published reports
- Manage and administer grant funded projects and initiatives out of key portfolio projects
- Facilitate workshops and meetings for learning and consulting projects
- Prepare reports, PowerPoint presentations and other documents to track program activities, progress toward overall program goals, and budget performance for funders, consultants, and partners
- Contribute to the development, writing, and preparation of various new funding applications, funding renewals, and new initiatives
- Provide programmatic support to the Learning and Consulting Practices Areas
- Manage all routine training/event logistics, including coordinating with consultants and WPTI team members, scheduling of in-person and virtual space, room and AV set up, catering, production of name tags and other signage, copying of materials, distribution of training reminders, and facilitating run of show sessions
- Manage the public training registration process, including maintaining the client database
- Manage all logistics and administrative tasks associated with consulting projects
- Work with administrative/operations staff to leverage administrative resources and ensure optimal integration and coordination of resources to support all training and consulting activities
- Continually update the Client Relations Management (CRM) system with relevant updates regarding projects, grants, and contracts.
- Create graphics, PowerPoints, and other visuals for internal and external presentation to providers, program participants and funders
- Coordinate process for identifying and onboarding graduate and undergraduate-level interns to support the work and activities of the Consulting and Training Practice areas
- Provide exceptional customer service to all external and internal customers
- Collaborate with and support Director of Operations in coordinating related budget and billing issues related to the two Practice areas.
May perform other related duties as requested by the WPTI Leadership Team
Candidate Profile | Competencies | Personal Qualities
Education | Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university plus five (5) years of experience supporting projects/operations for a nonprofit or public sector organization; or a Master’s Degree plus three (3) years of experience with a nonprofit or public sector organization
- A track record of managing projects funded by foundations and/or government, preferably in the workforce development field
- Experience managing relationships with public and private funders
- Experience supervising staff and consultants
- Experience developing, implementing, and managing program partnerships
- Experience developing and facilitating workshops and training sessions
- Working knowledge of research, measurement, and evaluation methods and the ability to produce visuals and written reports/recommendations to inform decisions in line with WPTI’s consulting and training services
- Experience working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint and Excel, Survey Monkey, Zoom, Dropbox, and technology fluency to be able to work with automated project management (PM) and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
Competencies | Personal Qualities
- Self-motivated and performance-driven personality with ability to adapt to a busy environment
managing multiple priorities and project deadlines
- A highly collaborative workstyle with a strong commitment to teamwork
- Superior administrative and analytical skills with attention to detail; ability to meticulously organize work projects and meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written
- Superior customer relations skills
- A strong commitment to the core mission and work of WPTI
WPTI’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
WPTI is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment respecting for difference and fairness, and guaranteeing the same rights to all its employees to ensure the fullest degree of success within the organization. WPTI provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics as may be protected by applicable law.
To express an interest in this opportunity, please forward a cover letter and your resume in a single .pdf document to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use “WPTI Project Manager” as your subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com