Throughout the unprecedented COVID-19 crisis, WPTI will serve as a resource to you and the broader New York City workforce system. This page will offer helpful resources from across the workforce and human services sectors, as well as a calendar of upcoming training, e-learning, and community-building opportunities particularly relevant to the present moment. If you have any questions or are in need of any additional resources, please contact Justin Collins, Assistant Director of the Workforce Field Building Hub at WPTI, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will continue to add to this page as new resources and opportunities emerge.
WPTI Training and Community-Building Opportunities
Virtual Three-Part Series: Workforce Resources During COVID-19: Making Connections in a Changed Economy
WPTI in partnership with the Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce presents a three-part series of virtual trainings that will provide valuable insight and guidance to workforce providers on successful employer engagement strategies in these challenging economic times.
Resources for Nonprofit Organizations
- What the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Means for Nonprofits – From the National Council of Nonprofits
- COVID-19 Resources for Human Services Providers – From Human Services Council
- COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits and Community-Based Organizations – From the New York State Health Foundation
- COVID-19 Resources for Nonprofits – From the New York Council of Nonprofits
- COVID-19 Response Resources – From the Robin Hood Foundation
- CARES Act – Assistance for Small Businesses (including nonprofit organizations) – From the U.S. Department of the Treasury
Management and Leadership
- 5 Tips for Managing Remotely During COVID-19 – From The Management Center
- Master Business Communication in a Crisis – From Thrive Global
- How To Transition to Remote Work In A Hurry – From Zapier
- Remote Working: Setting Yourself and Your Teams Up for Success – From LinkedIn Learning
- 5 Strategies to Manage Your Newly Remote Employees – From Fast Company
- Leadership in a Crisis: Responding to the Coronavirus Outbreak and Future Challenges – From McKinsey
- Decision Making in Uncertain Times – From McKinsey
- The Shortlist: Business Resiliency in Tough Times – From McKinsey
- Recovery Readiness: A How-to Guide for Reopening your Workplace – From Cushman & Wakefield
- NYC Human Resources Administration – Provides resources for food, childcare, energy, housing, domestic violence support, and more during this crisis
- Guidance for Jobseekers Impacted by COVID-19 – From the NYC Department of Small Business Services
- Here’s Who’s Hiring Right Now – From LinkedIn
- Building Developmental Relationships During the COVID-19 Crisis – From Search Institute
- Tough Times Call for Tough Action: A Decision Framework for Nonprofit Leaders and Boards – From SeaChange Capital
- NYC Well - If you are feeling anxious, stressed or overwhelmed, connect with trained counselors at NYC Well, the City’s confidential helpline. Communicate via online chat or phone.
- Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation During an Infectious Disease Outbreak – From the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Thrive in Your Workplace – From ThriveNYC
Job Quality, Worker’s Rights and Worker Safety
- Update on Workplace Laws as NYC Seeks to Stop the Spread of the New Coronavirus – From NYC Department of Consumer and Worker Protection
- Worker Safety and Health During COVID-19 Pandemic: Rights and Resources – From the National Employment Law Projecti>