WPTI invites all workforce development programs to apply to participate in Business Engagement Learning Lab (BELL).
Job development. Redefined.
Application open until Friday, December 16 at 5pm
BELL is a three-month rigorous cohort-based training initiative that equips workforce programs with the advanced employer engagement techniques and operational skills needed to thrive in a time of labor market upheaval.
BELL brings together teams of practitioners from multiple organizations for eight full-cohort workshops + two individualized implementation strategy sessions.
BELL teams are made up of job development supervisors and junior- to mid-level job developers to translate new concepts into improved practice.
TOPICS: Over the course of eight full-cohort workshops, BELL participants learn:
- proven success drivers for business engagement
- how to overcome employer concerns about workforce development programs
- value-based approaches to level the playing field with employers
- enhanced marketing and messaging to grab employer's attention, including social media to build visibility
- strategic communications to sustain and deepen employer relationships
- best practices for restructuring workloads to maximize results
- targeted business development using Labor Market Intelligence (LMI)
- job quality and career pathways planning to create long-term success for working participants
- best practices from peer organizations
- And much, much more . . .
WHO: Workforce practitioners from organizations that assist low-income job seekers in finding employment. Each organization will send a team of three members:
- the supervisor of job development (or higher)
- two junior- to mid-level job developers (smaller programs may send only one job developer)
**Because BELL is a cumulative learning experience, organizations must commit to sending the same staff members to all sessions**
WHEN: BELL combines full-cohort workshops + individual implementation strategy sessions.
- 8 full-cohort workshops (16 hours total)
- Wednesdays, January 11 - March 1, 2023. (Dates are 1/11, 1/18, 1/25, 2/1, 2/8, 2/15, 2/22, 3/1)
- Each session runs from 1:00-3:00 pm.
- 2 implementation strategy sessions (2 hours total)
- Session 1 (60 minutes): scheduled individually in March
- Session 2 (60 minutes): scheduled individually in April.
WHERE: BELL meets virtually via Zoom Meeting
- All BELL sessions incorporate interactive components, including group discussions, breakout rooms, and more.
For maximum effectiveness, every participant should be located in a space free of distractions with a laptop or desktop and reliable internet service. Joining via smartphone is highly discouraged.
COST: $300 / $175 (fee covers entire team)
- $300 for organizations that do not currently receive funding from The Pinkerton Foundation
- $175 for current Pinkerton Foundation grantees.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: https://wpti.questionpro.com/BELLApplication
- The program director or job development supervisor should complete the application.
- Please submit only one application per organization.
Questions about the application or eligibility? Contact Dan Salemson, Managing Director of Learning and Technology at email@example.com.
WPTI is grateful to The Pinkerton Foundation for its generous support in underwriting BELL.