Website Workforce Professional Training Institute
Workforce Professionals Training Institute (WPTI) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to increase the effectiveness of people, programs, and organizations that are committed to generating pathways out of poverty through job training, employment, and career pathways. Our three-tiered approach consists of professional training for workforce development practitioners, organizational consulting to maximize the productivity of programs and teams, and systems-building efforts that strengthen the workforce field as a whole. As result, WPTI builds the skills and capacity of practitioners to help thousands of low-income jobseekers achieve economic independence by improving organizational capacity and performance.
Since its founding in 2004, the Workforce Professionals Training Institute (WPTI) has become the preeminent non-profit training and technical assistance intermediary for New York City’s workforce development community. The organization has trained thousands of workforce practitioners from over 350 programs and organizations that collectively serve over 500,000 jobseekers. As a standalone, non-political organization, WPTI provides an inclusive bridge among providers, funders, and government agencies that contribute to building NYC’s workforce
The Program Associate is responsible for assisting the program team to prepare materials for trainings and events, assisting staff and consultants during and after trainings and events, and conducting and compiling research relevant to proposal development and training. This position works in collaboration with WPTI’s Senior Director of Learning and Consulting and Director of Project Management as well as other WPTI staff.
KEY | ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support WPTI’s Practice Leaders in coordinating a range of administrative tasks and activities related to various projects and program initiatives including training facilitation and support, project mapping, scheduling, course registration, event logistics, and invoicing
- Create WPTI’s annual programmatic and data reports to the NYC Department of Youth and Community Development
- Assist with research, data analysis, and tracking of external and internal requests for data
- Provide assistance with Salesforce data entry, delivery of QuestionPro evaluation surveys, and preparation of data for WPTI’s Board and funders
- Assist in preparing memos, briefs, and PowerPoints on issues related to WPTI’s work including for board meetings and learning sessions
- Support new digital learning and technology initiatives transforming the delivery of workforce services
- Source speakers and other prominent leaders to participate in learning workshops
- Taking notes during meetings and following up with action items for the team
May perform other related duties as requested by the WPTI Leadership Team
EXPERIENCE |COMPETENCIES | PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Highly motivated, critical thinker and detail-oriented with an interest in social policy, workforce and economic development
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills
- Ability to coordinate logistics and a diverse range of administrative tasks for multiple projects
- Experience working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint and Excel (required). Survey Monkey, Zoom, Dropbox, and technology fluency to be able to work with automated project management (PM) and customer relationship management (CRM) software (preferred).
COMPETENCIES | PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Self-motivated and performance-driven personality with ability to adapt to a busy environment
- managing multiple priorities and project deadlines
- A highly collaborative workstyle with a strong commitment to teamwork
- Superior administrative and analytical skills with attention to detail; ability to meticulously organize work projects and meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written
- Superior customer relations skills
- A strong commitment to the core mission and work of WPTI
WPTI’S COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY
In alignment with current New York City mandates, all staff are required to provide WPTI with proof of full vaccination using an FDA- or WHO- approved COVID-19 vaccine.
WPTI’S COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
WPTI is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment respecting difference and guaranteeing the same rights to all its employees. WPTI provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or other personal characteristics as may be protected by applicable law.
To express an interest in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com